The Caribbean Export Development Agency acts as CAIPA’s Secretariat providing administrative support, financial oversight and management of funds procured, as well as support to the IPAs as business support organisations, including the provision of technical assistance and advisory services, among others.
Caribbean Export is the only regional trade and investment promotion agency in the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) group. The Agency was established in 1996 by an Inter-Governmental Agreement as the trade promotion Agency of the 15 Member States of CARIFORUM.
Then in July 2005 the Agency assumed an investment promotion mandate after the 14th CARIFORUM Council of Ministers meeting. Caribbean Export has also established collaborative links with the French Caribbean Outermost Regions (FCORs), with the English and Dutch Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) and with Cuba.
The Executive Director of Caribbean Export is Mrs. Pamela Coke-Hamilton.
The Agency has 2 offices within the Caribbean region. Its headquarters is located in Barbados at:
Caribbean Export Development Agency, 1st Floor, Baobab Tower, Warrens, St. Michael, BARBADOS
A sub-regional office (the SRO), is located in the Dominican Republic. This is the office that houses the main activities of the CAIPA Secretariat.
Caribbean Export Development Agency
Torre Diandy XIX, 7th Floor La Esperilla
Tel: 1-809-531-2259/ 1-809-531-2411
Business Facilitation-Seven easy steps!
1. Information sharing – Discuss Caribbean FDI sectors and research and development potential
2. Business area – Present the Caribbean offerings with site selection options
3. Business opportunities – Suggest business contacts and information
4. Market visit – Arrange visits to individual Caribbean countries and assist in partner meetings and on the ground logistic support.
5. Deal breaking – Support with local knowledge in business. Assist as broker to facilitate your negotiation
6. Start up – Support your establishment and assist with information services Facilitate access to authorities, organizations and institutions
7. Aftercare – Feedback on your satisfaction and continued support.